Monday 8 December 2008

Top 5 Albums of 2008


Albums of 2008:
1.Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Beach Boys meets woodland fairy tale fantasies - incredible.

2.Martha Wainwright - I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too
As good as one of her brother's albums. Yep, it is that good.

3.Laura Marling - Alas, I Cannot Swim
An enchanting and authentic British songstress - and still a teenager!

4.Joan as Policewoman - To Survive
A truly soulful singer songwriter with a great 'sophomore' album.

5.REM - Accelerate
Everyone said it was a return to form. They were right.

Notable mentions:

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular (would have made top 5 if 2nd half of record matched the awesome 1st half!)

Mogwai - The Hawk is Howling (a worthy addition to their impressive catalogue)

Sigur Ros - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Enderlast (Even though they are huge now they are still one of the most unique bands on the planet)

Ron Sexsmith - Exit Strategy of the Soul (It is physically impossible for Him to write a bad song)

Chris Lawson Jones - Carolina (One of my favourite albums of any year - but then I wrote a bit of it, so i would say that)

No comments: