Monday 8 December 2008

Top 5 Films 2008

1. No Country For Old Men 
Yeah I know it won the Oscar, but sometimes they get it right.

2. There Will Be Blood
.... and there was. A hugely memorable film about greed and evil destroying the soul.

3.Wall -E
Seriously. This a great film.

4.The Dark Knight
Not quite the deep, philosophical film it pretends to be, but still the best Superhero flick of all time (at least until Watchmen comes out next year). Heath. Ledger. Oscar. 

5. Juno
She just about stays the right side of annoying  - lovely unexpected film.

Notable Disappointment:
Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 
(Why? Why would you do that to people? It was one of the greatest movie series of all time. Now it has this sordid, half-baked dim-witted inbred cousin hanging round with the rest of them....  I didn't like it.)

*UPDATE*
I had thought that 'The Diving Bell and The Butterfly' was from 2007 when it was actually from this year and would definitely had made it in there, maybe even at #3......

1 comment:

Kev Burgess said...

I have to agree on the majority of your choices there. Especially Indy - there's two hours I regret I'll never get back. I thought it might not hit the mark, but to be "that" bad, they must have tried really hard...

Kev