Tuesday 10 June 2008

Smaller Farms - Greater Yield

So I was reading this article on farming ... seeing as you ask, actually I do have better things to do, I was just putting them off.... and I was struck by the seemingly counterintuitive discovery that small farms are more efficient and can yield up to 20 times more than large farms....

Like I said here, I think there is more to be said for working intensively in your church and community than creating a great big (famous and "successful") farm for yourself that you can't possibly yield properly. 

Why travel the globe when there is a harvest waiting in your back garden?

dg

3 comments:

Chris Fox said...

When the crowds got too much, Jesus said to his disciples, "Lets get out of here... we've got other places to go". (Mark 1).

When the crowds got too much we decided to build a bigger tent because then our ministry is bigger.

Foxy

David Gate said...

too true

Jonny Hughes said...

Here here!